Natural Resources Speakers Series
Lunch and Listen Speaker Series
Selected videos from this series can be viewed here.
- Pedro Martinez Santos, PhD, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, and Adrian Oglesby, JD, Utton Center, Groundwater Management Challenges in New Mexico and Spain (9/25/13)
- Josh Mann, JD, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, The Middle Rio Grande ESA Consultation Overview (4/8/13)
- Cindy Murray, San Juan Generating Station Retrofit and Regional Haze Reduction (3/25/13)
- David Gutzler, PhD, Observed and Projected Climate Change (2/14/13)
- Jim Davis, PhD, Kirtland AFB Bulk Fuels Facility Spill: Regulatory Authority under RCRA and History (10/01/2012)
Speakers Series (Spring 2013)
Speakers Series (Fall 2012)
Speakers Series (Fall, 2011)
Speakers Series (Spring, 2004)
The Center continued to bring speakers to the School of Law in conjunction with the Spring, 2004 International Water Law class taught by then Director Marilyn C. O'Leary. National and international experts in water law came to Albuquerque as part of the class program. Stephen McCaffrey, Dan Tarlock, Robert Glennon, and our visiting scholar, Carlos Lascurain, gave presentations to students, faculty and the public. A number of noted New Mexico experts also spoke to the class.
Speaker Series (Fall, 2003)
The Center worked with UNM’s Water Resources Program on a joint Speakers Series. We had a panel presentation on drought by climatologists and the chair of the Governor’s Drought Task Force. This was followed by presentations on New Mexico’s interstate water compacts by an employee of the Interstate Stream Commission, on U.S.-Mexico border issues by former ambassador Alberto Székely, and critical water issues in New Mexico by the State Engineer.