The Native American Water Right Settlements (NAWRS) E-Repository is a collection of documents relating to the settlement of Native American water rights in the United States: http://digitalrepository.unm.edu/nawrs/
The NAWRS E-Repository is designed to make Native American water rights settlement documents available online for those involved in or studying settlement negotiations. The repository contains federal, state, tribal and court public documents that relate to Native American water rights settlements.
The Repository is intended to:
- Provide access to the information needed to craft enduring water rights settlements.
- Reduce time required to work out Native American water issues.
- Provide stakeholders and courts access to the challenges and opportunities that have been experienced by others.
- Allow research to identify successful approaches to settlement.
- Improve future water dispute resolution and management.
This repository was developed through a partnership of the University of Idaho College of Law and Waters of the West Program, the University of New Mexico Utton Transboundary Resources Center, the University of New Mexico Centennial Library for Science and Engineering, and Earth Data Analysis Center, and the American Indian Law Center, Inc. The project is supported by the Native American Rights Fund, the National Congress of American Indians and the Western States Water Council. Our funding partners include the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the Bureau of Reclamation and the Rocky Mountain Mineral Foundation.